Junior IT Tech Support
The Gekko Group provide field marketing solutions for leading technology and lifestyle brands throughout the UK and Ireland. We are looking for a Junior IT Tech Support team member to join our growing team at our offices in Newbury.
As Junior IT Tech Support you will assist our IT team with all technical enquiries to ensure that our teams in both the field and office staff are technically equipped to undertake their roles efficiently. Over time you will gain in depth knowledge of key software and systems. With the opportunity to develop your skill and experience with up to date technologies and play an important part in completing IT projects.
You will work alongside the IT team with responsibilities including, however not limited to:
- Technical support for all desktop, server, mac and mobile platforms
- General user and computer administration, asset management and maintenance.
- Basic website and intranet maintenance and administration.
- Configuration and support of proprietary and in house systems
- Procurement of equipment, peripherals and consumables with asset management
- Manage, monitor and maintain system backups
- Assist with network and server support.
- Contribute to PAT testing
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the following skills/experience:
- Excellent telephone and written communication is a must.
- Exhibit a positive, proactive approach and problem solving capabilities
- Experience with Microsoft desktop, Android and iOS mobile platforms
- Experience with MS Office and Google Drive environments
- A team player, demonstrating the ability to learn and adapt to change in a fast paced environment.
Any knowledge/experience in the following would be desirable but not essential:
- Wired and Wireless Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN and Firewalls.
- Windows server Active Directory infrastructure, WSUS, IIS, Exchange and SharePoint intranets.
- SQL /TSQL, SSRS database maintenance and administration.
- Knowledge of VMWare.
This is a full time position located at Gekko’s offices in Newbury
To be part of an award winning team in a role that offers the opportunity to gain valuable experience apply using the link below.